5 Best Tactical Shooting Gloves 2019 [Updated] – Review & Buying Guide By Expert Shooter
Whether you are a regular shooter or just starting out, best tactical shooting gloves improve your shooting performance doubtlessly. Not only for performance, but also for better protection, you must wear a good pair of shooting gloves.
A large variety of shotgun shooting gloves are available today. I’m not telling them all of them are useless, but choosing the best one for you may be a mammoth task as this is confusing to pick one that is best with your weather condition, firearm specification, and size.
Therefore, in order to help you make the best purchase decision, today I’m here with 5 best pistol shooting gloves that will help you shoot like a professional, give you safety and long-lasting durability even after heavy use.
So, let’s get started.
Editor Best Choice
- 1 Top Rated Tactical Gloves Comparison Table:
- 2 Our Pick of 5 Best Tactical Shooting Gloves:
- 3 1. PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT) Alpha Gloves
- 4 Highlighted Features
- 5 2. Mechanix Wear – M-Pact Coyote Tactical Gloves (Large, Brown)
- 6 Highlighted Features
- 7 3. HWI HKTG 100 Hard Knuckle Tactical Gloves
- 8 Highlighted Features
- 9 4. 5.11 Tactical Station Grip Gloves
- 10 Highlighted Features
- 11 5. Mechanix Wear – Original Covert Tactical Gloves
- 12 Highlighted Features
- 13 How to Choose the Top Rated Tactical Shooting Gloves?
- 14 Variances of tactical gloves for shooting
- 15 How Shooting Gloves Improves Your Shooting performance?
Top Rated Tactical Gloves Comparison Table:
Our Pick of 5 Best Tactical Shooting Gloves:
Best pistol Gloves over five of competitive models from different brands listed below:
Two main factors that gave superiority PIG FDT gloves are its super flexible design and conductivity to the environment.
You can fully feel the environment and do all those works that need direct connectivity with the environment whiteout losing the tactile dexterity. And therefore you needn’t put off these gloves while doing normal activities.
For more precision in shooting, the plan and the finger section is specially designed and made with a multi-section. Therefore, a more effective grip and adhesion with the firearms.
Again for sensitivity, clarion – that is a thin material is used that also gives good performance for isolation of the fingers. In outer side, there are fourchette materials that give durability and softness to these gloves.
If you used to say, gloves are bad for precise shooting, that I recommend you to try this and of course you will fill the difference.
- Conductivity to nature without losing tactile dexterity.
- Ventilation and isolation of palm and fingers and easy evaporation of fingers.
- Made from multiple parts, joining together for better flexibility.
- Forschette material for inner construction and clarion for outer construction that gives more sensitivity and good grip.
- Dual flex joint in the finger section for better movement of the finger with great flexibility.
- Flexible, conductive and good grips.
- A good performance against the all-weather condition.
- Premium feel of tactile dexterity.
- Works with the touchscreen.
- Extra cushion protection.
- Easy to put on.
- Can’t keep hand worm if the temperature is very much cold.
- Stitching isn’t that much good.
2. Mechanix Wear – M-Pact Coyote Tactical Gloves (Large, Brown)
When your gun is heavier than usual, naturally the gloves need to have more load bearing and absorbing capacity to protect your hand from the impact. Mechanix Wear – M-Pact Coyote Tactical Gloves deals effectively with such a situation and that is why it will be the best hunting gloves for you if you use heavy rifles.
Having small air gaps between multiple layers absorbs shock from impact load. Again this is further strengthened by thermos plastic layer. Air mesh design keeps the palm and finger dry and maintains natural circulation of air.
The sewing of cloth parts and adhesion of plastics pretty well to give this gloves more durability. In different weather condition and wild environment, This gloves are highly usable as well as easily dissolves in that environment.
This is more suitable where you need an extra level of protection rather than sensitivity because this is stiff at some section and doesn’t offer that much connectivity with the environment. But on a moderate budget, this is the best tactical shooting gloves for an average user.
- High impact absorbance capacity.
- Air mesh design for air circulation in palm and finger.
- Thermoplastic to deal with the high impact.
- Durable against the all-weather condition.
- Higher flexibility in trigger finger for great shooting.
- Only .8mm thickness at the finger area for good shooting.
- Great performance with heavy arms.
- Durable against weather and knife blades.
- A complete feel of dexterity.
- Extra protection at the bone section for care.
- Easily blends with nature.
- Not that good environment connectivity and sensitivity.
- You may need to cut the trigger finger if you need the more sensitive grip on the trigger.
If you are flexible with your budget and need premium gloves, the HWI HKTG 100 Hard Knuckle Tactical Gloves is here for you. HWI is a regular supplier of military gloves, tactical vests, and pioneer in this industry. So there is no doubt about the quality of this product.
100% goat leather gives this gloves long lasting durability and resistance against both mechanical and chemical agents. As this is specially designed to use with firearms, in the palm area, there is an extra layer of leather for the better absorbance of shock.
This is also resistance against fire and therefore you can handle hot items with them. The inner part is .8mm in depth and made with highly flexible aniline goatskin and the outer part is a bit thick and made by joining different parts.
If you want to use your gloves for shooting in all-weather condition and you need to wear them for a long time this is recommended for you.
- .8mm Aniline goatskin leather in the inner part.
- Plan protection or shock absorbance.
- Fire resistance with 9oz Kevlar.
- Good adhesion with hand.
- Hardly molded injection knuckle.
- Perfect for sensitive shooting.
- Impact absorbance for a heavy firearm.
- Good finger grips.
- Durable against weathering.
- A good pick for a long time use.
- No thermal protection.
- The backside is made of cloth.
If you have rough gloves, then you will be able to handle bigger and tougher guns. The 5.11 Tactical Station Grip Gloves has rugged and rough fiber that makes it very strong to handle bigger guns.
A combination of flash and slash protection is very important for a glove that you use for guns. This amazing gun glove has this useful combination. This makes the 5.11 Tactical Station Grip Gloves dexterity superior.
For moving your wrist and fingers freely and comfortably while wearing survival work gloves you need a good back panel. The 5.11 Tactical Station Grip Gloves offers you a back panel with four-way stretch.
Sweaty palm is very annoying, mostly when you are wearing gloves. But with this amazing glove, this won’t be a problem for you as it can keep out moisture.
So for these reasons, it can be considered as one of the cheap tactical shooting gloves.
- Good fiber for durability and ability to handle bigger firearms.
- For ease of moving the finger, it contains stretchy back panel.
- Includes elasticized wrist for keeping out the moisture and protect the palm form sweating.
- The combination of slash and flash protection helps to avoid fabric damage and makes the glove durable.
- High-quality nylon is used for making the glove stronger to handle heavy weapons.
- High-quality fabric for durable.
- Can handle bigger weapons.
- Flexible for easy fitting.
- Nice grip for handling guns perfectly.
- Prevent palm from sweating.
- The coating may fall apart after rough use.
Keeping the palm free from sweat is very important, especially when using any firearms. The Mechanix Wear – Original Covert Tactical Gloves is an amazing glove in this case. Because it has form-fitting technology that will allow you to keep the palm cool.
There are hook and loop at the end of the glove that will help you to keep the glove fit on your wrist. This feature helps to keep a secure fit.
The fabric of the Mechanix Wear – Original Covert Tactical Gloves are made of nylon. So you will get good glove storage for your hands. This makes it one of the best tactical gloves for shooting.
Aside from these, you will be able to wash this glove in the washing machine. You will see that there are a lot of gloves on the market that you cannot wash in the machine. But with this glove, you don’t have to worry about that.
- Keeps your hand cool and sweat free with TrekDry technology included.
- Fits perfectly and securely. The hook and loop technology helps in this case.
- A single layer palm is constructed with the glove that helps to improve dexterity.
- Contains nylon fabric that not only makes the gloves durable but also allows you to wash it in the machine.
- High-quality grip for different guns.
- Contains Mpact options.
- Keeps the palms sweat free.
- Usable for multiple purposes.
- Suitable for any weather condition.
- The seam may fall apart.
How to Choose the Top Rated Tactical Shooting Gloves?
There is a number for consideration before you purchase shotgun shooting gloves as they are no like those gloves that you use every day.
Before you pick the cheap tactical shooting gloves, you need to ask the following questions to pick the perfect one.
Do the gloves have enough shock absorbance capability?
When you shoot, your palm faces high shock. Therefore, there must have enough engagement in absorbing this impact. An extra layer at the bony area will make the gloves will absorb more shock and protect the palm.
If you use heavy gun and ammo, then you must choose those have greater absorbance capability and multiple layers.
Is This flexible enough?
Flexibility determines the quality of a shooting glove to a great extent. When you want to shoot more precisely and you need to shoot randomly this is an important issue. Best survival gloves will be thinner in the inner part of the inner part will be made joining different parts to make it flexible.
Is this enough resistive against weathering?
In the wild environment, you have to deal with many unfriendly agents like water, heat, dust etc. Therefore, the material used in the survival work gloves have to be enough resistive against these agents. Make sure there happens no decay or stiffness due to the agents.
Do the gloves have enough connectivity with the environment?
For better shooting performance you need connectivity with the environment. A Best tactical shooting glove will keep pace with the environment. It must be aerated to get the sweat out of the gloves from these pores. Again for better grip and sensitively feel the trigger good connectivity is required.
Does it Fit with your Hand?
You can’t shoot with gloves that are loose as when you pull the trigger, because of gaps, you will not have precision. Again if the gloves are too tight, you will feel uncomfortable as well as difficulties in the shooting. Therefore, I prefer those gloves that are stitch and finally fits with hands.
Variances of tactical gloves for shooting
If we categorize, there are mainly 5 types of best tactical shooting gloves. They are:
1. Pistol Shooting Gloves
Pistol shooting gloves have fewer paddings as the impact is low and there is not enough space in the trigger area and therefore heavy gloves will cause difficulties.
2. Carbine top rated survival gloves
Carbine shooting gloves are relatively large in size and have more paddings. As the trigger area is large, large size doesn’t cause any problem. Again adequate paddings are required as the shock of the carbine is massive due to the ammo size.
3. Worm or Thermal Shooting gloves
If your hands got freeze there is no doubt you will have less precision and miss the target. Therefore, when the environment is very cold, you must have those gloves that provide protection from the environment. Thermal or worm shooting gloves contains air between layers and sir preserve the temperature.
4. Fire Resistant Shooting Gloves
Fire resistant shooting gloves are made of synthetic materials and leather. They have the unique capability to deal with fire and hot staffs. If you think you may be exposed to flames and flashbangs, you should choose them.
5. Cut Resistant Shooting Gloves
Cut resistant shooting gloves are made with dense fibers. They are lightweight and gives protection against sharp knives. If you keep sharp weapons and gears with you, this is better you go for this type of gloves.
How Shooting Gloves Improves Your Shooting performance?
Should I wear top rated survival gloves? – this is a buzz question in the shooter community. You may question that, while the law enforcers generally don’t use them, why should I? According to my experience, there are a lot of positive reasons.
Although Wearing the best pistol shooting gloves is truly a matter of personal preference this is necessary for improvement in overall shooting performance.
When you are in a long range practice session it gives you enough friction with the gun by creating a comfortable environment and the overall result is more confidence while shooting. Shooting high caliber weapons tends to leave your hands feeling a bit bruised after a bit of time. So if you want to go to shooting with high caliber weapons you must wear the best survival gloves for protection and comfort. One of the concerns about wearing gloves relates to loss of mobility while handling a weapon, but with lyre panels between the fingers, you’ll find there is little to no loss of mobility as you go about handling and using your firearm.
The fingertips and palm of the glove are non-slip thanks to the use of tougher materials. This will give you that added confidence needed when handling your handgun. The index finger of these tactical shooting guns is made with no slippery materials to give the best grip with guns and rifles. In the fingers and palm areas, there is reinforcement that gives protection against sudden shock due to impact, that is needed, no matter what is the size of your gun and ammo.
Many of us have hand sweating problem. As the trigger area and surface of the trigger of a gun are generally planes and slippery, if your hands are wet with sweat your fingers will slip over the trigger and as a final result, you will miss the target. But when you wear gloves, as they are aerated, the sweat will evaporate and you will have a nice grip.
You’ll get the protection that you need, without impacting your movement due to the special construction process and materials used in these type of gloves. Padded knuckles will also provide protection. A durable and comfortable pair of gloves will help you to improve your overall grip and give your hands a bit of protection on the range.
Of course some people will tell you not to wear gloves while shooting, but believe me, they are those who often miss their shoots.
When you want to give your hand a good grip, protection against shock without losing the ability to pull the trigger at the right time you need a pair of best tactical gloves for shooting.
All the gloves that we have reviewed there have proven record of professional performance and therefore, we recommend you choose one of the best tactical shooting gloves from these. We also give you guarantee that you won’t be satisfied as our team has done the real hard work to research and analyze a number gloves and found these five that compiles all the criteria to be the shotgun shooting gloves.
Here’s a Video Reviews on Popular Tactical Shooting Gloves