5 Best Recovery Strap 2019 [Updated] – Trusted Reviews & Buying Guide [ Heavy Duty & Durable ]
A strap which is used to recover stuck vehicles is normally known as a recovery strap. This is extremely necessary equipment for regular off-road drivers. There is enough chance of your vehicle to be stuck in mud or sand or something like this. In that case, you’ll need the best recovery strap to recover the vehicle from the stuck position.If you are an off-road driver, you may have faced such a situation. You know the pain of waiting for a tow truck when your car or truck is stuck. Having a heavy duty recovery rope can relief you from this pain. If you have one of those, you won’t need to wait for a long time for a tow truck. You can easily recover your car if you have a heavy duty recovery strap for a truck, your friends and another car with you.
For this, your best tow strap should be good enough to help you. Having the perfect recovery tow straps makes the recovery operation easy and quick. Let’s take a look at some reviews so that you can find the belt that is perfect for you. Here, you’ll get some suggestions too about buying one.
Editor Best Choice!
Top 10 Best Recovery Strap Comparison!
|ARB ARB705 2-3/8" x 30' Recovery Strap||30 Feets||17500 LBS||Nylon|
|Ultimate Tow Recovery Strap 35000lb||20 Feets||35000 LBS||Nylon|
|Smittybilt CC330 3" x 30' Recovery Strap - 30,000 lb||30 Feets||30,000 LBS||Stitched|
|RHINO USA Recovery Tow Strap 3" x 20ft||20 Feets||31518 LBS||Poly/Silk|
|Heavy Duty Recovery Strap||20 Feets||35000 LBS||Polyester|
|Mozzbi 4" Recovery Tow Strap||6M||30,000 LBS||Polyester|
|USWAY GEAR 3" x 30' Tow Strap - 30.000 LBS||30 Feets||30000 LBS||Polyester|
|ALL-TOP 4X4 Recovery Tow Strap Kit||30 Feet||25000 LBS||Nylon|
|VULCAN 1 1/4” x 30’ Double Braided Recovery Rope||52300 LBS||Nylon|
|Complete Set Tow Strap Recovery Kit - 3" X 30'||30 Feets||30000 LBS||Polyester|
Our Picks of 5 Top Rated Recovery Strap for 2019
Over the five of competitive models from different brands listed below:
1. ARB ARB705 2-3/8″ x 30′ Recovery Strap – 17500 lbs Capacity
ARB is a trusted manufacturer of 4×4 accessories. From them, as a strap for recovery operations, ARB ARB705 is a perfect player in the market. This strong and durable strap is 30 feet (9 meters) long and 2-1/8 inches (60 mm) wide. 100 percent nylon is used to prepare this strap. This strap is designed in a special way so that it can stretch up to 20 percent if needed and come back to the original position easily.
This strap is only a few lbs in weight but it has the ability to recover vehicles up to 17500 lbs. It is durable enough to satisfy you. It is fabricated and woven to ARB specifications. The effectiveness of this strap is examined by a laboratory which is approved by NATA.
With all the characteristics, the strap is strong, reliable, high-quality strap from ARB that will make your vehicle recovery easier. If you want to perform recovery operations for heavier vehicles, you can check other stronger straps from ARB.
- The elasticity of the strap is a great feature. It helps the strap to gain kinetic energy while stretching. The kinetic energy helps the recovery when the strap comes back to its original length.
- With ARB recovery kits, this strap will be much more effective as the heavy recovery tow straps.
- The elasticity is a great plus point for this strap to recover vehicles.
- Quality is ensured in a laboratory of a standard class.
- Some may face problems with storing this belt though it isn’t much heavy.
So, if your vehicle needs a off road best recovery strap, keep ARB705 in mind. The performance of this strap will make you happy, for sure.
2. Ultimate Tow Recovery Strap 35000lb
This recovery tow strap is offered by Sunferno. It is 3 inches (7.6 cm) wide and 20 feet (about 6.1 meters) long. This is used by the professionals in order to tow or recover vehicles which are stuck in mud or snow. Besides recovering vehicles, this heavy duty strap can be used for removing tree logs, stump etc.
The working capacity or this recovery tow strap is 17000 lbs. That means you can pull a load of 17000 lbs with the help of this strong strap. It comes with a break strength of 35000 lbs. So, you can use this strap for a straight pull of up to 35000 lbs. It can be stretched up to 10%.
The high visibility of this strap will allow you to perform recovery confidently. The water resistance of the strap will allow you to wash this easily after using in the mud. After washing, you can store the strap in the storage bag that comes with the strap.
- High visibility of the strap allows you to perform recovery operations in low lights.
- The strap is extremely water resistant. This feature has increases the durability of the strap. Besides, it allows you to clean the strap easily after use.
- The reinforced eye loops allow strong shackle grip for a better recovery operation.
- Storing this strap doesn’t need a large space.
- A bag is provided with the strap. You can store it in the bag to protect it from possible threats.
- Only 10% stretch doesn’t make it efficient for snatch recovery.
This durable, strong and well-made recovery strap kit is trusted by most of the professionals. So, you can keep your trust on this recovery tow belt.
3. Smittybilt CC330 3″ x 30′ Recovery Strap – 30,000 lb Capacity
This strap from Smittybilt can be used as tow strap also beside of a recovery strap. The width of this strap is 3 inches (7.6 cm) and the length is 30 feet (9 meters). This recovery belt is designed for high quality towing of vehicles.
This recovery belt has a capacity of 30000 lbs. This means you can recover up to 30000 lbs vehicles or other things. The double stitched webbing of this strap ensures durability and exceptional strength of it. Besides, the double hoop design of this recovery strap ensures easy installation and quality recovery and towing of vehicles.
So, for any type of recovery option, especially in mud and ice recovery, you can depend on this quality recovery belt. This strap stretches a little but that is not enough for performing heavy snatch recovery works. In that case, you need to look for a strap that stretches a lot more than this. But overall this strap can be called as one of the best straps for vehicles.
- The recovery belt comes with double stitched webbing and double hoop design which have turned the strap into a durable, strong, high quality and easy to use strap available in the market.
- The bright yellow color of the loop increases the visibility of the strap even in mud.
- Designed perfectly and made strongly for a durable lifetime.
- An all-rounder strap that can perform recovery and tow both.
- Doesn’t stretch much for accumulating high amount of kinetic energy to help in recovery.
Having one of Smittybilt recovery strap will allow you a better recovery of vehicles compared to most other straps. So, you can give a thought about it.
4. RHINO USA Recovery Tow Strap 3″ x 20ft – Lab Tested
Rhino is a USA based off-road recovery gear manufacturer. Rhino tow strap is offered by them. This is 3 inches (7.6 cm) wide recovery belt with a length of 20 feet (almost 6.1 meters). The belt is made of Exclusive Ploy/Silk Webbing from Rhino. The material used to make this strap has ensured the strength and durability of it.
This recovery tow strap can be used for both recovery and tow heavy vehicles. It comes with a break strength of 31500 lbs which is tested in a lab. The sellers have said that it has a working load limit of over 10000 lbs. This strap is manufactured in the USA. The recovery strap doesn’t stretch under pressure. So, there is no scope for gathering kinetic energy to help in recovery action.
On both sides of the strap, there is a triple reinforced loop that ensures more safety. The strap comes with a light yet strong bag that can carry up to 10 lbs. So, you can put some other gears in the bag instead of only the strap.
- The break strength is 31500 lbs that is one of the best offered in the market.
- Being made of Exclusive Poly/Silk Webbing from Rhino, this best recovery strap ensures durability, strength, reliability, and easiness to use.
- Triple reinforced loop on both sides of the strap ensures the user about the strength and safety.
- The manufacturing quality ensures that it won’t break easily under pressure.
- It doesn’t stretch. So, it can’t store enough kinetic energy to help in recovery.
This recovery strap from Rhino ensures USA quality. So, if you are seeking a strap that is made in the USA, this is the recovery rope that you are looking for you and your vehicle.
5. Heavy Duty Recovery Strap | For Off-Road Recovery
This heavy-duty recover strap is offered to the market by Titan Auto. The width of the strap is around 3.5 inches (almost 9 cm) with a length of 30 feet (9 meters). Thus this strap ensures enough length for towing and recovery. This strap is made of tightly woven polyester for providing the best quality. This 30 feet long strap can be stretched up to 7 percent under pressure.
It ensures a break strength of 35000 lbs which is great compared to most other recovery straps. This belt is weather resistant. So you can use this belt in almost all the weather without any hesitation. After using, you can easily roll it up as it is flexible and easy enough for rolling up.
Both ends of the loop are covered with extra padding that keeps your vehicle safe from any scratch or damages. Besides, the extra padding ensures the extra strength of the connections.
- Weather resistance of the strap ensures easy and quality recovery and towing in any kind of weather.
- The tightly woven polyester and extra pad covered loops ensure the durability, strength, reliability of the strap in heavy vehicle recovery and towing operations.
- The connections at the ends are safe because of the extra padded looped ends.
- Flexibility and durability are ensured for performing strong recovery of heavy vehicles.
- Only 7% elasticity isn’t enough to allow it to store enough kinetic energy for recovery.
This recovery strap kit is really good one because of the manufacturing and designing quality. You can leave the weight of your vehicle with this strap without any tension.
Strongest Tow Strap 2018 Video Reviews
Perfect Recovery Strap Buying Guide
For driving in hill tracks, recovery tow straps are really something that you should keep with you. These are also important if you drive in mud or ice too. So, if you are a hill track freak or you need to use roads almost covered with mud or ice, you should buy one of those.
But, there is one problem. Most of the people can’t decide the best recovery rope for themselves. They choose the wrong one which they can’t use when needed. You’ll find a number of recovery ropes on the market. So, being confused and choosing the wrong one is very common.
Here, I have tried to prepare a buying guide that will cover the things that you should keep in mind at the time of buying the best recovery tow strap for you. Let’s watch it before making a choice.
- Stretch: In case of car recovery, you’ll need the stretch of the strap. The strap with a good stretch has the opportunity of storing some kinetic energy at the time of stretching. At the time of recovering the vehicle, this kinetic energy will help to increase the pulling strength. That’s why stretch is important in the best tow trap.
You’ll find some straps that offer stretching a few percentages. Some will offer more, about 15%-25%. Remember, the stretch is very important for recovering a vehicle. So you know which one you have to choose.
But keep in mind that straps those stretch are mostly made of a material that can’t be washed easily. So, there is a possibility of facing some problems after using.
- Capacity: The capacity of the off-road recovery strap is important because it will be used to pull your vehicle. If it can’t take the load of your vehicle, it is useless. So, you need to check the capacity of the strap before choosing one.
The capacity of the best recovery strap is counted mainly in two ways. One is Break Strength and another is Working Load Limit. Break strength is the force that the strap can take before it breaks. On the other hand, the working load limit refers to the weight that the strap is able to pull.
I suggest focusing on the working load limit as you will perform recovery operations.
- Length and width: Length and width of the recovery strap are also important. Most of the straps come with a length of 20 feet to 30 feet. I this case, I suggest choosing 30 feet long straps. You can make those short anyway if you don’t need that much length. But you can’t make the 20 feet straps longer is needed. If possible, keep both with you.
The width is important because the wider the strap is, the stronger it is. A wide strap doesn’t break as easily as a thin strap. So, you may go for wide belts. But, most of the wide belts can’t ensure much stretch. So, while choosing a wide strap, make sure that is can stretch enough.
- Durability: A durable heavy duty recovery rope will allow you to perform recovery operations frequently without any tension. Straps those are not durable breaks easily. This may create an accident.
But durable straps provide security and safety that accidents won’t happen. As a result, you can perform recovery operations without any tension if you use a strap which is durable.
The durability of the straps depends on the quality of the material and the manufacturing quality. Durability differs in case of different straps. For being sure about durability, check user reviews besides of the specifications provided by the manufacturer.
- Weather resistance: You may have to use recovery strap in different weather. So, the strap should be weather resistant if you want to use it for a long time.
Weather resistance refers to the visibility, easy to wash etc. If the strap isn’t visible enough in any weather, you may face problem at the time of recovering vehicles.
If the strap is easy to wash, you can easily wash it and clear mud or other things from the strap. This ensures that you’ll be able to use the belt for a long time.
- User friendliness: User friendliness of a recovery strap is ensured if the strap is easy to use. Some manufacturers ensure that their straps are convenient and easy to use. You’ll feel comfortable using those straps.
On the other hand, if the strap is easy to store, it may be said that user comfort is ensured. Many users face problems at the time of storing the strap. To help users in avoiding this problem, some recovery ropes come with a case or bag where you can store the strap.
These are the main things that you need to focus on if you want to buy the strong tow strap for your vehicle. Besides, you may consider some other things like price, user ratings etc. to be more satisfied.
Buying the quality recovery tow strap will save a lot of time later. So, it is better to invest some time now for choosing the best one for saving time in the future.
Watch this video on how to choose a Vehicle recovery strap kit
Differences between Tow Strap and Recovery Strap
Most people have a common problem of mixing tow strap with a recovery strap. This is not actually a problem, they do it unintentionally. Let’s see the common differences between these two types of straps.
- Primary Job: The primary job of tow strap and recovery strap is different.
Best tow strap is mainly used when you’ll need to tow a freely moving vehicle behind any other vehicle. On the other hand, recovery straps are used at the time of recovering a vehicle that is stuck in the mud or ditch or something like that. It is essential for off-roading vehicles.
- Ending Edge: As designed for two different works, these two straps are different from designing viewpoint.
Both ends of a tow strap contain two large hooks that are used to hook into the towing points and D-ring shackles.
On the other hand, a recovery strap contains two loops on both sides of the strap. As recovering needs more strength, the hook may damage the place where the strap is hooked. So, the loop is used instead of a hook for keeping the strapped place safe.
- Material: The materials used for making these two straps are also different.
Recovery straps are mainly made by using nylon. Nylon is used for making recovery straps for ensuring a certain level of stretching.
On the other hand, tow straps are made of a material that doesn’t stretch. Normally the material is polyester or something like that.
These are the common differences between tow straps and recovery straps. But at present manufacturers are offering straps that can be used for both types of operations. Those straps are not so bad, but if you go off-roading a lot, it will be better to buy a strap that is made especially for recovering vehicles.
When you’ll go to buy the best recovery strap for you, you need to have a proper idea about that. Here in this article, I have tried to show you what you need to know. Now all you need to do is choose one which can be the heavy-duty strap for you. Normally, you’ll find a number of straps available at your affordable price.
One last suggestion for you is, before making a buying decision for any kind of car tools, accessories, Car rim cleaner etc, try to keep some alternatives so that you can have some different offerings. If you know someone who uses straps regularly, don’t forget to take advice from him.